Treat your guests well at your dinner party with this classic Italian appetizer—now infused with essential oils! Aside from the amazing flavor these oils bring to this dish, they also provide added health benefits.
This appetizer also makes a great refreshment at an essential oil class! Just pre-slice the bread, and add the essential oils to the olive oil; then allow your guests to add a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and other additions to condiment cups to accompany their slice of bread.
Essential Oil–Infused Italian Dipping Oil
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 drop basil essential oil
- 1 drop oregano essential oil
- 1 drop rosemary essential oil
- 1 drop thyme essential oil
- Optional additions: crushed garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, grated parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a glass dish.
- Let sit for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- Dip french bread or sourdough bread in the Italian Dipping Oil, and enjoy!
These Parmesan pesto tomatoes make a delicious appetizer or side dish for any meal!
Parmesan Pesto Tomatoes
- 2 medium tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 4 tsp. prepared pesto (see recipe below)
- 4 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove stems from tomatoes, and slice tomatoes in half.
- Place tomatoes on a baking dish (cut side up).
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt.
- Spread 1 tsp. of pesto on top of each tomato half.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the pesto.
- Bake tomatoes for 20 minutes or until the Parmesan is nicely melted and tomato is warmed.
- Serve immediately.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups spinach leaves, tough stems removed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (almonds or walnuts can be used instead if needed)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 drop basil essential oil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Pack the spinach in the bottom of your blender. Press the spinach down as much as possible. Add pine nuts, sautéed garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and essential oils on top of the spinach in the blender.
- Blend the ingredients together by using the pulse setting on the blender and pausing to scrape the sides as needed.
- Add Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper, and blend in.
- Serve with noodles, chicken, Parmesan tomatoes, or anything else you desire!
Now that the holidays are ending, many of us are recommitting to healthy eating and a fresh new start for the new year. Try this delicious hummus recipe as a nutritious snack to help you keep your New Year’s resolutions.
- 1 can garbanzo beans (drained; reserve liquid)
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. tamari or soy sauce
- 2–3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame butter)
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- Toss all ingredients in the blender.
- Add reserved garbanzo bean liquid a little bit at a time.
- Blend to desired consistency.
- Serve with your choice of crackers, chips, or vegetables.
This guacamole recipe works great as a garnish for any Mexican recipe or simply use as a dip for tortilla chips.
Guacamole with Cilantro Essential Oil
- 4 diced tomatoes
- 2 chopped jalapenos, seeds removed
- 2 Tbsp. minced cilantro
- 1 drop cilantro essential oil
- 2 minced green onions
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- A pinch of kosher salt
- 2 avocados, pitted and smashed
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Serve with tortilla chips or your favorite Mexican dish.