Enjoy this delicious vegetarian alternative during grilling season. Essential oils give these burgers a healthy, flavorful kick!
[recipe title=”Black Bean Burgers” servings=”5–8″ time=”20 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 2 cans (14.5 oz./411 g each) seasoned black beans
- 1 cup (120 g) seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (35 g) grated white onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. (1.5 g) chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. (1.5 g) salt
- 1 drop basil essential oil
- 1 drop cumin essential oil
- 2 drops cilantro essential oil
- 5-8 slices of cheese
- Hamburger buns or rolls
- Other desired toppings (mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, etc.)
- Drain black beans, and pour half of them (1 can) into a blender.
- Add breadcrumbs, onion, egg, spices, and essential oils. Pulse until combined and relatively smooth.
- Scrape mixture into a bowl, and add the other can of beans, stirring everything together.
- Divide and shape the mixture into patties.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan, and grill patties for 6 minutes on each side. Take care when flipping them—they are delicate.
- Melt cheese of choice on top, and serve on toasted buns with desired toppings.
Enjoy with a dash of hot sauce and some veggie sticks or chips and salsa on the side!