If you’re looking for a fun new recipe to spice up your dinners, you have to try this yummy cilantro lime chicken! The flavor is rich and savory, and the salsa is delicious. This recipe is simple and can be made up ahead of time, or quickly on the spot!
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 4–6 chicken breasts
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup (30 g) chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) honey
- 2 tsp. (12 g) salt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. (1 g) onion powder
- 3 drops lime essential oil
- 5–10 drops cilantro essential oil
- 1 drop black pepper essential oil
- 1 drop cumin essential oil
- 1 drop coriander essential oil
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly, and place in a plastic zip-top bag.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the bag, and drain the remaining marinade.
- Cook the chicken over medium heat in a frying pan until cooked thoroughly and lightly browned.
- Top with avocado salsa (recipe below), and enjoy!
Cilantro Lime Avocado Salsa
- 2 avocadoes, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup (50 g) onion, finely diced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 tsp. (1 g) garlic powder
- 2–3 drops cilantro essential oil, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, being careful not to stir so much that the avocadoes get mushed.
- Serve with chicken, chips, or flatbread.