Are you looking for a more natural soap to clean your handwashed dishes? This dish soap is thick like commercial brands and produces a good lather as you clean. We really liked this oil scent, but you are welcome to try something new—just add 15–20 drops total of your desired essential oils to the mixture before whisking.
[recipe title=”All-Natural Dish Soap” servings=”Yield=8 oz.” time=”5 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
Ingredients & supplies:
- 1 cup Liquid Castile Soap
- 2 tsp. Vegetable Glycerin
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 4 drops orange essential oil
- 2 drops thyme essential oil
- 8 oz. plastic bottle with snap-top lid
- Place all ingredients in a glass bowl; gently whisk until the mixture thickens.
- Pour into the 8 oz. bottle.
- Place a small amount on a sponge and use to handwash your dishes, or add some to your dish water as the water is filling the sink.