Warm summer days call for sweet cold treats, especially if you can find a healthy one that everyone will enjoy. This Lemon Berry Frozen Yogurt is absolutely delicious and super simple! Whether you serve the dessert at your next meal or party, or save the whole batch for yourself, it certainly won’t disappoint.
[recipe title=”Lemon Berry Frozen Yogurt” servings=”4″ time=”10–15 minutes active; 3 hours inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 2 cups (300 g) frozen berries
- 1/2 cup (140 g) plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) honey
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) vanilla
- 2–4 drops lemon essential oil
- Add the frozen berries, greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla to a blender or food processor. Blend for 2–3 minutes, or until creamy.
- Add lemon essential oil, and pulse the blender briefly to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container, and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer, and allow the frozen yogurt to soften for a few minutes before serving.
You can also stir in some crushed berries after blending for an extra fruity flavor and texture.
This frozen yogurt can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
This recipe is a little tart, but you can always add a little more honey until it tastes good to you.