Living a clean lifestyle in today’s world is pretty difficult with conventional store-bought products. With summer approaching, we are all reaching for the sunscreen to keep our skin safe—but is chemical-filled sunscreen really the best thing for our skin? We want to keep our skin protected from unhealthy UV rays, but we also want to keep it safe from unnecessary harsh chemicals.
We’ve created this sunscreen recipe that will keep your skin healthy and safe. The combination of these ingredients doesn’t just protect your skin; it keeps it hydrated and soft and will make you want to spend even more time in the sun. Now you can finally feel confident about protecting your skin!
[recipe title=”Essential Oil Sunscreen” servings=”Yield=2 oz. (50 ml)” time=”5 minutes active; 1–3 hours inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 2 Tbsp. (25 g) Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) Shea Butter
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) Avocado Oil
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5 ml) Sesame Seed Oil
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5 ml) aloe vera gel
- 4–5 drops helichrysum essential oil
- 1 Lotion Tottle
- Melt the shea butter and coconut oil over medium heat in a double boiler. You can create your own double boiler by placing the ingredients in a heat-proof glass measuring cup and placing the measuring cup in a pan with an inch or so of simmering water.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the lotion tottle, and let it sit until the mixture thickens.
- Rub on before going out in the sun!