Keep your cuticles soft and your nails healthy and strong with this serum! This recipe is designed for easy application with a roll-on bottle.
[recipe title=”Healthy Nails Serum” servings=”1 tsp. (5 ml)” time=”2 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
- Drop the essential oils, in the order listed, into the roll-on bottle. Fill the rest of the bottle with fractionated coconut oil (about 1 tsp).
- To use, roll mixture on nails and cuticles as needed.
Note: You can double the recipe and fill a 1/3 oz. (10 ml) Roll-on Bottle instead.
This Mother’s Day, give the special women in your life a nail care kit made with essential oils!
Your nail care kit could include any of the following items:
- Nail clippers
- Nail files and/or nail buffers
- Wooden cuticle sticks
- Homemade Foot Scrub
- Nail polish
- Cotton balls
- Homemade Nail Polish Remover (see recipe below)
- Homemade Nail Strengthening Serum (see recipe below)
- Cute sandals
- Soft microfiber washcloth or towel
[recipe title=”Nail Polish Remover with Essential Oils” time=”2 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
- Add essential oil(s) to the glass bottle. Fill the remainder of the bottle with white vinegar or rubbing alcohol. Screw the lid on, and shake to combine.
- To use, simply dab some polish remover on a cotton ball. Rub over nail polish to remove.
[recipe title=”Nail Strengthening Serum with Essential Oils” time=”2 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 25–30 drops of essential oil (The following oils help strengthen nails: lemon, frankincense, myrrh, Invigorating Blend, eucalyptus, lavender, grapefruit, and rosemary essential oil)
- Fractionated coconut oil
- 2 oz. Glass Bottle with Black Lid
- Add essential oil(s) to the glass bottle. Fill the remainder of the bottle with fractionated coconut oil. Screw the lid on, and shake to combine.
- To use, simply dab some of the serum on a cotton ball or washcloth, and rub over nails to soften cuticles and strengthen nails.
Source: Modern Essentials, Sixth Edition, p. 277