These Quinoa Artichoke Bites make a tasty snack or side dish. With the addition of essential oils, they pack even more flavor and health benefits. They go perfectly with our Essential Oil Marinara Sauce (recipe below), or you can mix up your own favorite dipping sauce. Give them a shot; you’re sure to love them!
[recipe title=”Quinoa Artichoke Essential Oil Bites” servings=”24″ time=”20 minutes active; 30 minutes inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1 cup (185 g) cooked quinoa
- 1 cup (100 g) shredded cheese
- 2 Tbsp. (13 g) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts
- 4 oz. (115 g) frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 tsp. (3 g) salt
- 1 egg
- 1 toothpick basil essential oil
- 1 toothpick oregano essential oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Drain and chop the artichoke hearts, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Squeeze the spinach with paper towels or a kitchen towel until completely dry.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Using a mini muffin tin, divide the mixture into 24 cups, and press down to pack the mixture in firmly.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let the bites cool for a few minutes before removing from the tins.
- Serve with a marinara dipping sauce (recipe below).
Cheeses that work great for this recipe are monterey jack, mozzarella, and cheddar. Try one, or a combination of all three!
[recipe title=”Essential Oil Marinara Sauce” servings=”8″ time=”15 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. (9 g) salt
- 2 cans (28 oz. each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 drop oregano essential oil
- 1 drop rosemary essential oil
- 1 drop thyme essential oil
- Place the olive oil and chopped onion in a saucepan, and sauté over medium heat until the onions are tender.
- Add the garlic in with the onions, and continue cooking for an additional minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the salt and crushed tomatoes to the saucepan. Stir everything in the saucepan together, and continue cooking until warmed through.
- Turn off the heat, and stir in the essential oils.
- Serve over your choice of noodles or with our Quinoa Artichoke Essential Oil Bites (recipe above).