Store-bought disinfecting wipes contain harsh chemicals that may do more harm than good. These all-natural wipes are safe for your skin, so you can use them to clean and disinfect your house without worry! You’ll also save money with an effective, convenient, and easy-to-make product. And your home will smell as clean as it looks.
Natural Disinfecting Wipes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Witch Hazel
- 1 Tbsp. Castile Soap
- 8 drops melaleuca essential oil
- 8 drops rosemary essential oil
- 6 drops lemon essential oil
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 roll of paper towels, cut in half
- OmniWipe Container
- “Wipes” Vinyl Label
- In a bowl, combine the water, vinegar, witch hazel, castile soap, and essential oils.
- Cut the roll of paper towels in half, and place half the roll in the OmniWipe container.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the paper towels, making sure to coat evenly.
- Place the lid on the container and tip it back and forth, allowing the liquid to soak into the paper towels.
- Open the container and carefully pull the cardboard center out of the paper towels. (It should be easy to remove once soaked.) Then pull up the center paper towel. Thread it through the hole in the lid for dispensing the wipes. Replace the lid on the container.
- Apply the vinyl label to the side of the wipe container. Click here for instructions.
- Carefully remove a wipe to clean your desired surface.
Depending on the thickness of the paper towel roll, you may need to increase or decrease the amount of water and vinegar so that the wipes are not too wet or dry.