These cute little salt scrubs make a great gift for anyone in your life that deserves a little extra pampering! Salt scrubs can be very relaxing, and provide great exfoliating benefits to the skin, while soothing the surrounding muscles and tissues. With the recipe below, you can customize the oils you use to fit the needs of the recipient. You can also embellish this scrub with a little citrus zest, dried herbs, or powdered spices to up the wow factor. And speaking of wow—don’t forget to add one of the sweet salt scrub labels pictured below to your jar!
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 1/3 cup (80 g) Epsom Salt
- Decorative ingredients such as citrus zest, dried herbs, or powdered spices (optional)
- 6–8 drops Vitamin E Oil
- 10–20 drops essential oil (see suggestions below)
- 1 1/2–2 Tbsp. (23–30 ml) Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, or Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 4 oz. Glass Salve Jar
- Salt Scrub Vinyl Label
- Apply the label to the side of the 4 oz. salve jar. For instructions on applying vinyl labels, click here.
- Once your vinyl label is secure, place the salt scrub ingredients in order into the 4 oz. salve jar, screw the lid on and shake to combine.
- Lightly scrub the desired location with the salt for a relaxing and exfoliating experience.
- Because salt can irritate wounds, avoid using this scrub near open cuts or sores.
Essential Oil Suggestions:
- Individual Oils: lavender, lime, lemon, grapefruit, geranium, rose, Roman chamomile, or peppermint.
- Calming Lavender Lemon: 10 drops each of lavender and lemon
- Refreshing Lemon Rosemary: 5 drops rosemary, 8–10 drops lemon
- Invigorating Orange Mint: 5 drops each of orange and peppermint
- Energizing Grapefruit Mint: 6 drops grapefruit, 4 drops peppermint
- Relaxing Lavender Chamomile: 5 drops Roman chamomile, 8–10 drops lavender
- Revitalizing Woodlands: 1–2 drops sandalwood, 5 drops fir, 5 drops cypress
- Holiday Spice: 5 drops orange, 2 drops each of cassia and clove. Optional addition: 1 drop each of ginger and/or cardamom.