Nobody likes getting sunburned, but we do love soaking up the sunlight during the summer. Sometimes you can’t control how you skin will react to the sunlight, even if you wear sunscreen; but you can treat it properly to relieve the pain. This ointment was designed to help alleviate your sunburn while helping to hydrate and regenerate your skin. You’ll love how soothing this ointment will feel on your burned skin, and it can even help prevent peeling. Give it a try so you can enjoy your summer again!
This ointment can also double as a burn ointment for regular first-degree burns.
[recipe title=”Lavender Sunburn Ointment” servings=”Yield=3 Tbsp. (45 ml)” time=”5 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) aloe vera gel
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- 50 ml Acrylic Lotion Pump Bottle
- Fill the acrylic bottle until almost full with aloe vera gel.
- Add the essential oils to the aloe vera, and use a chopstick or skewer to combine. The mixture will become cloudy when combined.
- Pump the mixture until it begins to come out. Apply to sunburned skin, and allow it to soak in and provide soothing relief!
If you’d like, you can also combine the aloe vera gel and essential oils in a bowl and use a funnel to transfer the mixture to the lotion bottle or another bottle of your choice.